Monday, September 19, 2011

Shorty Ramirez Y Su Orquesta – Good Old Chicago Salsa

Since this blog is partly dedicated to bringing to your attention musicians who made it happen for us in Chicago back in the day, I couldn’t help but mention Shorty Ramirez Y Su Orquesta. I am told that they were around in the early part of the salsa era. While searching for information on them, I stumbled upon a video on Youtube of their first and only recording. The album is entitled, “Muerto De La Risa.” The recording is pretty good and captures the essence of the Chicago Latin sound of that time. The vocals are by Hector Colon. In the album cover photo I think I recognize pianist Juan Perez and his brother Angelo Perez, who was one of the premier Latin bassists of that time. It was recorded in 1969. I attached the link below for your enjoyment. If anyone out there knows the name of the musicians in the recording let us know so we can give them proper credit. Peace…

No comments: