Friday, September 9, 2011

Introducing Sureya….

 
During this year’s Cuban Fest, which was held at Riis Park in Chicago this summer, I had the fortune of learning of a new Chicago talent - or at least new to me. This talent I am referring to is none other than the Latin female vocalist, Sureya. Her real name is Sureya Perez and she has been making herself known in the Chicago Latin music circles as of late. As I approached the stage over at Riis, I was impressed with her vocal talent and ability to hold her own in this vastly male dominated salsa industry. She mastered the stage and provided a spicy repertoire filled with a mixture of mambos, son montunos, and Latin rhythms that proved infectious. The band was in top form and helped make her the complete package. If you haven’t checked her out make sure you do. You won’t be disappointed. If anyone knows more about her, drop us a line so we can give everyone an update.

No comments: